PRESENTATIONS AT MAJOR OVERSEAS CONFERENCES
1. Key Note address Challenges in sustaining Telehealth : Lessons learnt over 2 decades Global Summit Telemedicine & Digital 2021 to be held on Nov 9th 2021 at Sau Polo Brazil
2. Panelist "What Space Telemedicine can Teach to Earth Physicians", Global Summit Telemedicine & Digital 2021 to be held on Nov 11th 2021 at Sau Polo Brazil
3. Invited Talk on “Telehealth in India : The Road Ahead” held on 31st August 2021 https://performatica.net
4. Guest Lecture “The business of Telehealth” in Public Management Innovation held on July 7, 2021 Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs Summer Semester 2021
5. Global Summit’s “Warm Up” webinar held on June 17th 2021 on “The business of Telehealth” https://fb.watch/5CwqWfk1DI/
6. Invited Speaker from India and South East Asia on “Examples of PPP and Telemedicine round the world” at the Annual Surgical update of the International College of Surgeons US section, Minneapolis Session to be held between 24-26 June 2021
7. Key note Address on “Strategies for new models of care: Hybrid care” to be held on Thursday, 20th May 2021 between https://ehtel.eu/18-articles/102-strategies-for-new-models-of-care-hybrid-care.html
8. Webinar on “Public-Private Partnerships: The Business of Telehealth” organised by International Association for Peace and Economic Development – USA & Apollo Telemedicine Networking Foundation India to be held on Thursday, 20th May 2021 https://fb.watch/5CwqWfk1DI/
9. University of Aberdeen “A career in Neurosurgery Insights and New Horizons” Reminiscences of a Neurosurgeon over 45 years held on 26th April 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultvT4KEUGQ
10. Special Lecture “Complications: Looking beyond Neurosurgery” in 3rd International Virtual Conference on Complications in Neurosurgery March 7-9th 2021 https://iccneurosurgery.com/
11. Webinar on “Telehealth in 2021 and Beyond” at the ‘Waterfalls Continuing Medical Education’ held on 28th February Dubai https://online.index.ae/event?event=BBAtlZ&type=jjoz
12. Key note virtual address at the 7th International Conference on Health GIS 2020 @ Bangkok, “Telehealth in 2020 and beyond” on Feb 25th 2021 https://hgis2020.e-geoinfo.com/people.html
13. Guest Lecture on “Telemedicine for Neuronurses” at the 1st Virtual Web Conference of Asian Congress of Neuro Nursing held on 12th Dec 2020 https://acnschennai.caleidoscope.co.in/
14. Space Exploration: Inspire, Educate and Impact – Invited virtual talk on “How Remote can Remote Health Care get?” in Space Health Panel Dec 4th 2020 London
15. Invited lecture on “Challenges in Deploying AI in Healthcare in the Indian Scenario: A Clinician’s Perspective – Preliminary Thoughts” at the Technology and Healthcare Medical Protection Society UK on Dec 3rd 2020 https://www.medicalprotection.org/uk
16. Chaired virtual session on “World Brain Death consensus” at the International conference of Transplant Coordinators on Nov 21-22 2020 www.natco.org.in
17. WHO mDementia Workshop 25th and Aug 27th Aug Member Informal Expert Group
18. Management Innovation Series Lecture on “Telehealth in India in 2020 and beyond” for Masters degree program Columbia University on 10th Nov 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmklt8RHsdM
19. Webinar given on “Telehealth Consulting: The New Normal” – A Multi National Webinar for Physicians from Cambodia, Kenya, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Uganda and Zambia held on 03 May 2020 organised by Mankind Pharmaceuticals. (808 ATTENDEES) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yg5t9VhgqA&feature=youtu.be
1. Talk @ Baylor College of Medicine Houston Texas on 17th December 2019 on “ Remote Health care in India through mega PPP projects”
2. The 48th Asia Pacific Advanced Network Meetings 22-26 July 2019, Putrajaya https://apan.net/meetings/apan48/schedule.php Invited talk thro VC “TECHNOLOGY ENABLED REMOTE HEALTH CARE: A STORY FROM INDIA"
3. INVITED GUEST LECTURE – Technology Enabled Rural Health Care - 2019 International Smart Hospital Forum March 27th Taipei Taiwan
4. MOOC Lecture “ Will HIoT dehumanise health care” Taipei Medical University, Taipei 19th October 2018
5. Hackathon on Health IoT Oct 19-21, 2018 Taipei Taiwan Mentor and Key Note Speaker http://hack.tmu.edu.tw/2018.php#mentors
6. 2018 International Smart Hospital Forum Invited guest lecture Taipei, Taiwan 28th March 2018.
7. Taiwan Medical University Guest Lecture “ ehealth in India: The Apollo Story” 29th March 2018
8. Telehealth in India: The Apollo Story” and “Tele emergencies in the Himalayas presented at the 23rd ISfTeH International Conference "eHealth2018 and annual conference of the Finnish Society of Telemedicine and eHealth March 15th to 17th 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc__mhGDpEE
9. Paper presented at ISQua’s 34th International conference October 2nd London “Telemedicine in the Himalayas: reaching the unreached” http://www.isqua.org/Events/london-2017/programme
10. Lecture at Haiphong National University of Medicine and Pharmacy on “ Telehealth in India: the Apollo Story” 24th August 2017
11. Guest Lecture @ MIT Boston 11th May 2017
12. Guest Lecture @ Pace University New York 26th April 2017
13. Guest Lecture @ Columbia University School of International Public Affairs 2nd May 2017
14. American Telemedicine Association 2017 Annual Conference April 22-25 Orlando USA Telehealth in the Himalayas: Operational and Clinical Challenges
15. International Forum for Digital Health Hammamet, Tunisia 2-4 February 2017. Keynote address Telemedicine in India. Panelist - “International cooperation in e-Health”
16. http://www.medetel.eu/index.php Telehealth for 60,000 eVillages in India: The Beginning of the CSC Story 8 th – 10th April 2016 Luxembourg
17. http://www.medetel.eu/index.php 24/7 Telehealth in the Himalayas: Operational and Clinical Challenges: A Preliminary Report 8th -10th April 2016 Luxembourg
18. Invited speaker Digital Transformation for Hospitals Asia at One Farrer Hotel & Spa, Singapore 29-30 March 2016. Apollo’s Telemedicine 2.0: Making Healthcare Accessible & Affordable. Moderator: ROUNDTABLE 2 Remote Patient Monitoring: Innovations, Potentials & Hurdles http://www.hospitaldigitaltransformation.com/k.-ganapathy-speaker
19. 11th Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons 2016 in conjunction with 21st Annual Scientific Meeting of Indonesian Society of Neurological Surgeons Session1 : Instructor K. Ganapathy DISASTER RESPONSE - A Key to Advancing Global Neurosurgery & Global Health Care March 8th, 2016, Surabaya, Indonesia http://acns2016.org/
20. Invited guest speaker “ Telehealth in India: Making it happen” 20th ISfTeH International Conference in conjunction with 7th Brazilian National Telemedicine and Telehealth Congress Rio de Janeiro on October 28-30, 2015
21. Invited guest speaker “ Telehealth in India: Making it happen” October 30th Columbia University Global Center Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
22. Technology and Innovation: Columbia University. School of International and Public Affairs “Innovation in Public Health”. Screen Audiovisual Case Study: “e-Doctors”. Speakers: Michael Sparer, chair; Joan Kaufman; Emme Deland; Krishnan Ganapathy; Kavita Sivaramakrishnan http://www.sipagovtech.org/schedule.html TECY
23. Guest Lecture @ Yale University New Haven CT USA19th May 2015 Clinical Genetics Rounds “Telehealth in India: the Apollo Story and challenges in introducing Telegenetic counselling”
24. Guest Lecture @ Columbia University New York 20th May 2015 “Telehealth in India: The Apollo Story”
25. Telehealth for one sixth of Humankind - Making it Happen: A 15-year Story from Apollo Hospitals. Annual conference of the International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth (ISfTeH), Med-e-Tel April 22-24th 2015, Luxembourg http://www.medetel.eu/index.php
26. Promoting Health Literacy the eWay: a preliminary report from Rural Tamilnadu, India. K Ganapathy and K Jegan Annual conference of the International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth (ISfTeH), Med-e-Tel April 22-24th 2015, Luxembourg http://www.medetel.eu/index.php
27. Enabling Virtual Visits to the ICU @ Apollo Hospitals Chennai India. K. Ganapathy, Kevin Devasia and Yogesh Kumar Annual conference of the International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth (ISfTeH), Med-e-Tel April 22-24th 2015, Luxembourg http://www.medetel.eu/index.php
28. Promoting Health Literacy the eWay: a preliminary report from Rural Tamilnadu, India. K Ganapathy and K Jegan 20th Annual meeting of the American Telemedicine Association May 3-5 2015, Los Angeles http://www.americantelemed.org/ata-2015#.VIlEuCuUeVI
29. Enabling Virtual Visits to the ICU at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India. K. Ganapathy, Kevin Devasia and Yogesh Kumar. 20th Annual meeting of American Telemedicine Association May 3-5 2015, Los Angeles http://www.americantelemed.org/ata-2015#.VIlEuCuUeVI
30. Telehealth in India: The Apollo Story Ministry of Health Govt Of Macedonia Skopje, Macedonia 14th April 2015
31. Arun Rai, Ganapathy K, Liwei Cheny "Consumer Awareness and Use of Mobile Health Services in India: An Urban Rural Comparison Study" International Conference on Information Systems 2014. Dec 14-17 2014, Auckland New Zealand
32. Invited Speaker at the 12th Congress of the SAARC Academy of Ophthalmology Neuro Ophthalmology, Colombo Sep 28th to October 1st 2014 : (a) Neuro Ophthalmic manifestations in Head Trauma (b) Neuro ophthalmic clinical presentations of brain tumours saocolombo2014.org
33. Central Asia ehealth Network (Ministry of External Affairs Govt of India Member Expert Committee. Presentation on “Telemedicine in the proposed Central Asia ehealth Network” presented to (a) Indian ambassador to Uzbekistan (b) Uzbekistan (c) Uzbekistan August 17th to 20th 2014
34. Central Asia ehealth Network (Ministry of External Affairs Govt of India Member Expert Committee. Presentation on “Telemedicine in the proposed Central Asia ehealth Network” presented to (a) Indian ambassador to Turkmenistan (b) Pro Rector State Medical University of Turkmenistan (c) International IT centre Turkmenistan (d) Chief Medical Director Govt Medical Institutes July 7th to 10th 2014
35. 1st Middle East Conference on Telemedicine and eHealth 15th April 2014 Abu Dhabi Invited guest speaker
36. http://www.mobile360series.com/middle-east/Dubai22 October 2013 Conference organised by GSMA. Invited guest lecture in session on Innovating for Health
37. WFNS Educational Course Tanzania(Dar-es-salaam) August 15-17,2013 Invited guest lecture “Telemedicine in Neurosciences”
38. Invited Guest Speaker: Symposium on Asia US Partnership Opportunities SAUPO April 19th 2013 Atlanta USA
39. Co-Chair and Faculty: Workshop on Fundamentals of Telemedicine. Talk on Basics of Clinical Telemedicine December 9th, 2012| Prishtina, Kosovo
40. Invited Lectures :
a. Telehealth in India and South East Asia: An Overview
b. Telemedicine as Private Enterprise: Is There Any Money On It?
c. International Congress of Telemedicine and e-Health and the 5th Intensive Balkan Telemedicine and e- Health Seminar in Prishtina., Kosovo Dec 9th to 11th 2012
41. Arun Rai, Ganapathy K and Xi Xi Li "Understanding Patient Satisfaction with Teleconsultation Sessions for the Underprivileged in Developing Countries: An Empirical Evaluation in Rural South India" Research Panel on Empowered Patients. WHITE 2012: The Third Annual Workshop on Health IT and Economics October 5-6, 2012, Washington DC.
42. 19th September 2012 SIMposium Asia 2012 Singapore: Guest Speaker mHealth Keynote: The clinician and end-user's view of mHealth; getting mHealth right and engaging end-users
43. Swedish-American Life Science Summit .8th Annual Summit August 22-24, 2012, Stockholm, Sweden. Invited panelist: How the Digital Revolution Will Create Better Health Care
44. July17th – 18th 2012 Singapore: Guest Speaker: Visionary Panel: Towards Sustainable Healthcare for the Future.
45. Keynote address on June 21st 2012 at CommunicAsia 2012 Summit, Singapore. “A Doctor in your Pocket.”
46. May 9th to 12th Montreal, Canada. Round table discussion towards 21st Century Healthcare- Second Health India VIP Open House – Montréal and Centre of Expertise and Coordination of Telehealth (CECoT), located at The Montreal Children's Hospital of the McGill University Health centre. Through Video conferencing with participants from Qubec and other areas in Canada.
47. McGill May 12th Invited Guest Lecture: “The Future of eHealth and mHealth in India – An Overview”, Canada
48. Keynote address: “From cure to prevention @ the empowerment of the patient” on April 18th 2012, Dubai at Dubai mHealth @ the mobile show conference
49. Invited Guest Lectures:
a. Telemedicine in Neurosciences
b. Neurosurgical Applications of Robotic Radiosurgery: An Overview
c. South Asian Neurosurgical Congress March 11th to 13th 2012 Kathmandu, Nepal
50. M2M in Health care: An India centric overview an 24th 25thJanuary 2012 Berlin, Germany http://www.enterprise-m2m.com/s1230
51. Mobile Health Connected World Forum Nov1st to 2nd 2011 Invited Guest. The Status of mHealth in India and identifying the main challenges and opportunities. Dubai
52. Invited Presentation: “mHealth the Indian Scenario” at Pharmaceutical mHealth Conference, on 10th October 2011. Through Video Conferencing. London
53. Guest Lecture. IT enabled health care. Perspective from an emerging economy. Center for Process Innovation & Department of Computer Information System, Robinson College of Business Georgia State University, Atlanta USA Oct 7th 2011
54. Guest Lecture: The Potential of mHealth, Smart Practices in Hospital – IT at Conference on GSS Practices in Healthcare 2011 on 16th July 2011.
55. Guest lecture “Telemedicine in India; An Overview” at the Special Interest Group at the annual conference of the American Telemedicine Association Tampa Florida USA May 1st 2011.
56. Key Note Address: “mHealth: the Reinvention of Health Care: a perspective from India”. World Congress of GSMA. Barcelona, Spain Feb 14th to 17th 2011 http://www.mobilehealthlive.org/videos/opportunities-and-challenges-for-mobile-health-in-india/1330/
57. Panelist Leadership health Summit – mHealth Session World Congress of GSMA. Feb 14th to 17th 2011. Barcelona, Spain
58. Key Note Address “eHealth initiatives in India” 2nd International Conference of eHealth Association of Pakistan. Islamabad Pakistan delivered thro Videoconference Jan 2011
59. Key Note Address. GSMA Mobile Asia Congress 2010 mHealth Part 1 - Key Challenges to Make mHealth a Mainstream Business Hong Kong Nov 18th 2010
60. Panelist. Supersession Panel on “Cross sectoral perspectives on MHealth” mHealth Summit. Washington DC USA 8th November 2010
61. Key Note address “Telemedicine & Medical Tourism” HIMSS Asia10 Health IT Congress Oct 26th to 29 Degu, South Korea
62. Key Note address mHealth & the Reinvention of Health Care : A Perspective from India mHealth World Congress 2010 Oct 18-19th Singapore
63. mHealth: Bridging the Health Divide. Keynote Address at the Geneva Health Forum 21st April 2010, Geneva, Switzerland
64. Growth and Development of Telehealth in India: An Overview 14-16 April 2010 Med e Tel Luxembourg
65. mHealth: Bridging the Health Divide. An Overview 14-16 April 2010 Med e Tel Luxembourg
66. Invited Guest lecture “Robotic Radiosurgery in an emerging economy: A preliminary report. Report”. “Ethical issues in Neurosurgical practice of the future”. The Second Congress of Gulf Neurosurgical Society 15 – 16th December 2009 Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
67. Invited Guest lecture Penang, Malaysia Dec 13th 2009 Penang Adventist Hospital Annual Scientific conference (PAHANSCICON 2009), Penang, Malaysia. Lecture on "Update on emergencies in neurosurgical practice "
68. Invited Guest lecture in session on Telemedicine at “Emerging Markets Symposium”, University of Oxford, UK December 4-6th 2009
69. Invited Guest lecture in session on Telemedicine in “India: Medical Tourism Destination 2009” Toronto, Canada, Nov 20th to 22nd and Panelist in panel Discussion http://www.imtd2009.com/ProfGanapathy.html
70. Tele lectures given to African countries thro Pan African e Network :
a. Infections of the Brain
b. Stereotactic radiosurgery
c. Management of Head Injuries
d. Management of Brain tumours
e. Recognising the Dangerous Headache
f. Neurologic Examination
71. Invited Guest lecture on “Telemedicine in India: The Apollo Story” Dept of Information and Health Management, University of Pittsburgh, USA June 12th 2009
72. Invited speaker at Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance Convergence Summit May 13-14, 2009, La Jolla California: mHealth in India: An Overview San Deigo USA
73. Invited speaker at sixth meeting of the steering committee on the PAN African eNetwork project, 07 – 08 may 2009 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
74. Invited Guest lecture on Telemedicine in India An Overview at University of Alabama, Birmingham USA may 1st 2009
75. Paper presented at American Telemedicine Association Annual conference on 28th April 2009 at Las Vegas USA “Rural Health in India using 3G HSPA” Aditi Ravindra and K. Ganapathy
76. Invited speaker at International Summit meeting of the American Telemedicine Association. Regional Overview of Telemedicine Activities – India and Southeast Asia 26th April 2009 Las Vegas USA
77. Keynote speaker in the workshop “e-health in low resource settings: The path to sustainability” organized by Karolinska University Hospital, in collaboration with Karolinska Institute, Norwegian Center for Telemedicine and SPIDER Center March 30-31st Stockholm, Sweden
78. First Educational Course of International Society of Reconstructive Neurosurgery (ISRN), World Federation for Neuro Rehabilitation (WFNR), Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons (ACNS), Academy for Multidisciplinary Neurotraumatology (AMN) and QOLIBRI Society Jakarta, Indonesia Oct 23-27th 2008 . Invited Guest Lectures :
a. Robotic Radiosurgery
b. Ethical issues in Neurosurgical practice of the future
c. Brain death – A neurosurgeon’s perspective
d. Telemedicine and Neurosciences
79. Panelist at mobile health conference - Institute for the Future, San Francisco, California. Oct 14 - 15 2008
80. http://www.hosit07.se/extra/news/?module_instance=1&id=102 Invited guest lecture thro Video teleconferencing “Telehealth in the Indian Setting: The Apollo experience” HOSIT IX Münchenbryggeriet, Stockholm, Sweden, October 8-9
81. Commissioned paper: M Health: A potential tool for Health Care Delivery in India. presented at the M health session in “ Making the ehealth connection: global partnerships, global solutions organised by the United Nations Organization, Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Italy July 27- August 1st 2008
82. Invited Guest Lecture: “Neurosurgery in India: Past Present and Future”. International Neurosurgical forum, Kyushu Japan 23rd Nov 2007
83. Chairman Luncheon Seminar on Gamma Knife 21st November Nagoya Japan - World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies 13th Interim Meeting/The 12th Asian-Australasian Society of Neurological Surgeons Congress
84. Invited Guest Lecture: Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Cavernous Sinus lesions Seminar on Gamma Knife 21st November Nagoya Japan - World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies 13th Interim Meeting/ The 12th Asian-Australasian Society of Neurological Surgeons Congress
85. Invited Guest Lecture: Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Cerebral Arterio Venous malformations. Seminar on Radiosurgery 20th November Nagoya Japan - World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies 13th Interim Meeting/ The 12th Asian-Australasian Society of Neurological Surgeons Congress
86. Invited Guest Lecture: “Telehealth in India” Digital Inclusion Forum 07,16th & 17th August 2007, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
87. Ganapathy. Security in Health Systems. Talk given at the Third Indo-Australian Conference on Information Technology Security (IACITS) 2007, Queensland University of Technology, 9th & 10th July 2007, Brisbane, Australia http://conf.isi.qut.edu.au/iacits07/Booklet.pdf
88. Invited Guest Lecture: Telemedicine perspectives from India: HIMMSS Asia Pacific annual conference May 17th 2007 Singapore
89. “Telemedicine – The Apollo experience” 11th International Conference of the International Society for Telemedicine and e Health April 18th 2007 Luxembourg
90. Invited key note address “Telehealth in India: An Overview” Opening Session 11th International Conference of the International Society for Telemedicine and e Health April 18th 2007 Luxembourg
91. Invited Guest Lecture on “Linac Radiosurgery for Cerebral AVM” - Malaysian Neurosurgical Association, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
92. Invited Guest lecture: “Telemedicine – The Apollo Story” at Government technology Summit 07 at Phuket, Thailand. 24- 26 October 2007
93. Invited Guest Lecture on “Training in Neurosciences- A Paradigm Shift- Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kota Bharu, 13th November 2006.
94. Invited Guest Lecture on “ Telehealth in India” Annual conference of American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin – Phoenix, Arizona USA Sep 23rd 2006
95. Invited Guest Lecture on “Management of Head injuries”. University of Arizona, Tuscon USA 20th September 2006
96. Lecture on “Telehealth in India- the emerging scene”: MITAC (a NASA center at University of Virginia, Richmond Virginia USA 8th September 2006
97. Lecture on “Telehealth in India- the emerging scene”. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore USA: 6th September 2006
98. Lecture – “Linac Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations” in Grand Rounds, Wayne State University Detroit USA 29th August 2006
99. Invited Guest Lecture “The Future of Telemedicine” Lagoon Hospitals, Lagos, Nigeria June 17th 2006
100. Invited Guest Lecture “Social, Legal and Ethical issues” – 1st Pan African Conference on eHealth and Telemedicine Abuja Nigeria June 19th – 20th 2006
101. Invited Guest Lecture “Telemedicine in India and its relevance to Africa” – 1st Pan African Conference on eHealth and Telemedicine Abuja Nigeria June 19th – 20th 2006
102. Invited Guest Lecture- “Telehealth in Clinical Practice”, Ibadan University, Nigeria, 16th June 2006.
103. Invited Guest Lecture- “Linac based Stereotactic Radiosurgery”, Ibadan University, Nigeria, 16th June 2006
104. Noninvasive management of brain tumours and cerebral arteriovenous malformations. Invited guest lecture Govt. General Hospital, Kandy Sri Lanka. 13th July 2005
105. Telemedicine in neurosciences” Invited guest lecture at main session: June 24th 2005 13th World Congress of neurological Surgery, Marrakech, Morocco.
106. “Stereotactic Irradiation of brain tumours” Invited guest lecture at breakfast session: June 21st 2005 13th World Congress of neurological Surgery, Marrakech, Morocco
107. Linac Stereotactic Radiosurgery for cerebral arteriovenous malformations. A review of 250 cases from Chennai India. 13th World Congress of neurological Surgery, Marrakesh, Morocco
108. Telemedicine in Neurosciences, Linac based Stereotactic Radiosurgery for cerebral arterio venous malformations. An analysis of 240 cases. Guest lectures at the 23th Spring annual Meeting of the Korean Neurosurgical Society held in Cheju Island, South Korea on Apr 14-16, 2005.
109. Linac Stereotactic radiosurgery for cerebral arteriovenous malformations – paper presented thro video teleconference at the 6th International Congress on Minimally invasive Neuro Surgery, Nagoya, Japan March 8th 2005
110. Honoured guest lecture “Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations” at 5th conference of the Asian Society of Stereotactic, Functional and Computer Assisted Neurosurgery” at Taipei, Taiwan 28th November 2004
111. Lectures on (1) Medical Accountability in the Information Age (2) Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Arteriovenous Malformations at Fifth Asian Conference of Neurosurgeons Jakarta, Indonesia January 2004
112. 29th annual meeting of Japanese Cerebrovascular Disease Society Nagoya Japan 18th March 2004 Live multi point interactive video teleconference - Lectures by Drs. Yasargil and Spetzler Convenor India K. Ganapathy.
113. Faculty member World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Post Graduate Course at Dhaka Bangladesh Feb 4th to 6th 2003. Invited lectures on “Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Arteriovenous Malformations” and “Telemedicine and Neurosciences”
114. Invited Guest Lecture International Conference on Recent Advances in Neurotraumatology (ICRAN 2002), August 1-4, 2002 at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, Bali, Indonesia on Prevention and Management of Head Injuries in India – an Overview
115. Prevention and Management of Head Injuries in India – an Overview – ICRAN, Bali Indonesia August 1-4, 2002
116. Invited faculty First Balkan Seminar on Telemedicine October 25 – 27 2002 Pristina, Kosovo. Lectures on “Telemedicine in India - An Overview” and “Telemedicine and Neurosciences”
117. Only neurosurgeon to be invited to deliver a keynote address “Neurosciences in 2020 - a peep into the future” at the Pan Asian Oceanian Congress of Neurology at Manilla, Philippines 2002
118. Invited speaker intercontinental tele-staff neuro-surgery /trauma – emergency medicine & disaster management Tunisia – Chennai –Geneva – Paris March 27th 2002 International Discussant for a case presentation in Neurosurgery from Tunisia March 27th 2002
119. Invited guest lecture on Telemedicine and Neurosciences at the Asian Congress of Neurosurgeons Biannual conference at Hong Kong November 2002
120. Organising secretary First Neurosurgical Video Teleconference with Fujita Health University, Nagoya, Japan held on Tuesday, 7th August 2001.
121. The Emirates Neuroscience Conference on April 10th – 14th 2001 at Al Bustan Rotana Hotel, Dubai. Papers presented on Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations & Neurosciences in 2010 – A peep into the future.
122. Lecture on Telemedicine at the Royal Army Hospital Jordan October 2000
123. Presentations on telemedicine to the Minister for Health Bangladesh at Dhaka Feb 2001
124. Invited guest speaker (only one from Asia) , “Telemedicine in India” at the First International conference on Arab Telemedicine January 2001 Cairo
125. Invite only participant from Asia to take part in the 6th World Telemedicine Conference held at Upsaala, Sweden on 19th June 2001. Guest Lecture on “An Overview of Telemedicine” was delivered through video teleconferencing from Madras.
126. Convener of the 1st Video Teleconferencing joint conference of Department of Neurosurgery, Apollo Hospitals with Department of Neurosurgery, Fujita Health University, Nagoya, Japan. August 7th 2001
127. Linac based SRS for 135 cases of AVM. Paper presented at the 12th WFNS Conference, Sydney Australia in September 2001.
128. Member high power Govt. of India / Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries delegation to visit Baghdad (Only medical doctor) to discuss setting up of Telemedicine in the reconstruction of Iraq
129. Stereotactic radiosurgery for cerebral arteriovenous malformations. The first 100 cases. Paper presented at the X Asian Australasian Association of Neurosurgeons meeting Nov 1999 Seoul, South Korea
130. Stereotactic radiosurgery for space occupying lesions. Paper presented at the X Asian Australasian Association of Neurosurgeons meeting November 1999 Seoul, South Korea
131. Stereotactic radiosurgery for cerebral arteriovenous malformations. Paper presented at the X Asian Australasian Association of Neurosurgeons meeting November 1999 Seoul, South Korea
132. Stereotactic Radiosurgery for cerebral arteriovenous malformations. The first 100 cases. Paper presented at Khoula Hospital, Muscat November 1999
133. Stereotactic Radiosurgery for space occupying lesions. Paper presented at Khoula Hospital, Muscat November 1999
134. Stereotactic radiosurgery for cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations. The first 100 cases. Paper presented at Dubai November 1999
135. Stereotactic radiosurgery for space occupying lesions. Paper presented at Dubai November 1999
136. Invited Speaker at National Head Injury Conference at Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. – Special lecture on clinical spectrum of head trauma.1999
137. Neurosurgery in the third millennium paper presented at the 12th annual conference of the Pakistan Society of Neurosurgeons, Pakistan Nov 1999
138. Invited guest speaker “Emerging trends in Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Acoustic Schwannoma” at the 4th Annual meeting of the Japanese Congress for Brain Tumour surgery September 17th and 18th 1999, Nagoya, Japan.
139. Stereotactic Radiosurgery in a developing country. Paper presented at the III Congress of the Asian Society of Stereotactic, functional and Computer assisted Neurosurgery at Seoul, Korea June 13 to 16th 1999
140. Delivered Guest Lecture on “Stereotactic Radiosurgery” at Colombo Sri Lanka under the auspices of the Ceylon Medical Association
141. Invited guest speaker “Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Arterio venous Malformations” First South Asian Congress of Neurosurgery – Kathmandu Nepal, March 13th to15th
142. Janos Stumpf, TK Padmanabhan, V Sankaranarayanan, S. Lakshmi, and PS Viswanathan: Linac Based Stereotactic Irradiation. Tenth National Conference Pakistan Society of Neurosurgeons. December 1997 Karachi, Pakistan.
143. Proceedings of the 4th Congress of the International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society. Sydney Australia 1999 p. 229
144. J Stumpf, TK Padmanabhan, Ganapathy K et al: Linac based stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy - a 20 months experience. Proceedings of the 3rd Congress of the International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society. Madrid Spain 1997 p. 229
145. Janos Stumpf, TK Padmanabhan: Linac based stereotactic irradiation in a developing country. Paper presented at the 3rd Congress of the International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society. Madrid Spain June 25-28 1997
146. Image fusion in stereotactic radiosurgery follow up and Stereotactic radiosurgery in a developing country. Lectures delivered at the Fujita Health University, Nagoya, Japan November 1996
147. Stereotactic radiosurgery in a developing country. Paper presented at the II meeting of the Asian Society of Stereotactic, functional and Computer assisted neurosurgery at Karuisawa, Japan 6th November 1996.
148. Image fusion in stereotactic radiosurgery follow up. Paper presented at the II meeting of the Asian Society of Stereotactic, functional and Computer assisted neurosurgery at Karuisawa, Japan 6th November 1996.
149. Represented India at the 2nd Seminar of Neurosurgery Update for Young Neurosurgeons in Asia held in Sapporo Japan December 1 -5 1995
150. “MRI in Head Trauma” - paper presented at the X International Congress of Neurological Surgery, Acapulco, Mexico, 1993
151. “CT morphology of Brain Tuberculoma” - paper presented at the X International Congress of Neurological Surgery, Acapulco, Mexico, 1993
152. “Exotic diseases of the brain” - Lecture delivered at the Dept. of Neurosurgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey, U.S.A.1993
153. Mathematical prediction of nature of ICSOL’S using serial contrast CT scans. Paper presented at the Eighth Asian Australasian Congress of Neurological Surgery - Seoul, Korea, Oct 6-11, 1991.
154. Visiting Neurosurgeon, Dept. of Neurosurgery, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok - Oct 1991.
155. Ethical issues in Neurosurgery in Developing Countries. Paper presented at the Eighth Asian Australasian Congress of Neurological Surgery - Seoul, Korea, Oct 6-11, 1991.
156. Lecture on Brain Tuberculoma delivered at:
a. Dept. of Radiology, New York University July 1985
b. Dept. of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh July 1985
c. Dept. of Neurosurgery, University of Chicago July 1985
157. Paper presented at the Joint Conference of the Nepali Medical association and the Neurological Society of India at Kathmandu, Nepal, December 1985. Title “Ultrasound in Neurological Sciences”
158. Paper presented at the 8th International Congress of Neurosurgery at Toronto, Canada, July 1985 - Spectrum of CT scan findings in Brain Tuberculoma
159. Invited guest speaker “Stereotactic Radiosurgery for arterio venous malformations” First south Asian Congress of Neurosurgery – Kathmandu Nepal March 13th to15th.
160. Organising Secretary, First Neurosurgical Video Teleconference with Dept of Neurosurgery, UDMNJ New Jersey & Department of Neurosurgery, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai 2001
161. International guest faculty World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Riyadh Feb 21 – 23 2004. (1) Lecture on Medical Accountability in the Information Age (2) MRI and Head Injuries
162. Stereotactic radiosurgery for space occupying lesions. Paper presented at the X Asian Australasian Association of Neurosurgeons meeting November 1999
163. Stereotactic radiosurgery for cerebral arteriovenous malformations. Paper presented at the X Asian Australasian Association of Neurosurgeons meeting November 1999
164. Janos Stumpf, TK Padmanabhan, V Sankaranarayanan, S. Lakshmi, and PS Viswanathan: Linac Based Stereotactic Irradiation. Tenth National Conference Pakistan Society of Neurosurgeons - December 1997 Karachi.
165. Lecture delivered at the Salmaniya Medical College Bahrain on Stereotactic Radiosurgery - June 23rd 1997.
166. Image fusion in stereotactic radiosurgery follow up. Paper presented at the II meeting of the Asian Society of Stereotactic, functional and Computer assisted neurosurgery at Karuisawa, Japan 6th November 1996.
167. Invited paper at the 7th Asian Australasian Conference of Neurological Surgery - Brisbane October 4-9 1987 on postoperative ultrasound imaging in adults.
168. Lectures delivered at the Australian National University Canberra, SEP to OCT 1987 (1) Tuberculoma brain. (2) Head injuries in India (3) Ultrasound imaging in Neurological Sciences
169. Lectures delivered at New York State University and University of Pittsburgh on “Tuberculoma Brain” August 1985.